Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2005

I've had a few computer woes over the years. I spent four hours on the phone with Dell yesterday--two phone calls to find out why my new CD/RW drive won't allow me to save anything on it. So now they're going to send me a new drive. Today having little faith that the new drive will work any better (because in my greater wisdom, I think it's a software issue not a drive problem, I headed over to Best Buy and bought one of those little 256MB flash drives. It's much more portable than a CD anyway and easier to carry back and forth between the two computers I use.

I've been a backup fanatic ever since I lost 14k words back in 1999 because the zip disc I saved everything on got corrupted. Mind you I was only using the zip disc and not saving to the hard drive at all. Luckily I had done a lot of the work at work (shh) and had hard copies of some of it that I could scan back into the manuscript. Now I back up on every device I can think to use.

Marie-Nicole

1 comment:

Josie said...

Backing up everything sounds like the best idea since sliced bread! I'm definitely going to do that from now on!