Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Have I mentioned how extraordinary Arizona is?

We have three coyote pups living on the golf course behind our house. (Sun City is riddled with them -- golf courses, not coyotes, although we have a fair number of those also.) These pups can't be more than 12 to 16 weeks old. One of them has decided he wants to play with our dogs!

Every time he sees us take one of the dogs out back, he comes skipping across the fairway to greet us. He bows and prances the way dogs do when they want to play, trying to get Mango or Ziggy to chase him. Obviously, we keep a tight reign on our pup, who has a barking conniption, and we don't let them get close -- but it is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.

Since I've decided to set my new series right here in Arizona and am trying to include as much local color as possible, I'm finding that I notice detail now that might otherwise fade into the background. It reminds me daily of how miraculous it is that life of any sort can exisit in this unforgiving environment.

On my website, I have a Photo Gallery page where I've included some of our pictures. The photos of our dogs are on the bio page, of course, because they're our kids, not wildlife. (Although, when they're dashing through the house at warp speed, they definitely qualify as wild ;)

Nora

No comments: