Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wings of a Rainbow



First a quote that slipped into my inbox this morning:

"Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. "
- Joseph Addison

I wish for you all of the above blessings. This morning I was busy writing in my journals - we had a high fog - nothing major. A very pleasant morning. Suddenly the sun was peeking through and everything looked spring/early summer abundant. Then out of the sun shine, a sun shower - straight down beautiful rain. I had thought I heard thunder in the distance earlier but the sky was cloudless - as far as I could tell.

The sun shower became a little heavier and finally the sky became darker and turned into a downpour. I raced from my sunny kitchen window to shut windows on the back porch - there-- immediately west in full view was the most amazing rainbow I had ever seen.

I was in awe - as I traced the arch from one side of the horizon to the other - I noticed the arch over a hole in the deep gray clouds. There to my amazement was clear, robin's egg blue sky, an electric white cumulus cloud top, framed by the gray and all of it arched by this huge rainbow.

Could you ask for a better promise to start a day then that? I still can't believe my eyes - I was too amazed to run for a camera, I figured by the time I got it set up--the view would be gone.
Have a rainbow and happiness sort of day. Thanks for letting me share my joy.
http://www.billiewilliams.com
Writing Wide, Exercises in Creative Writing

No comments: