Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2019

An Interview with Kev Richardson

Kev Richardson's Web Page

Why did you start fiction writing and what genre(s) do you like to write?

An Australian, I discovered I was descended from convicts despatched to Australia in 1788 to found a prison. That was the start of "White Australia". I became a member of "First Fleet Fellowship" (and eventually President), so I studied that history. It was exciting stuff so being retired, I started writing books about it. My first book won an Award in England! So I kept writing...6 books on that. I had the writing bug and had travelled many parts of the world, so had many exciting experiences...all good background stuff. I've 27 books with Wings-Press, all based on my worldwide experiences. Every one has earned 5 Stars (and more!) from reknowned review writers.


Why this/these genre(s)? What attracts you to them? 


All were personal experiences, and exciting. 




Generally speaking, what is the driving force behind your characters? Have any of your characters changed in dramatic way from what you imagined at the start during the writing process?

Travelling the world for 3 months every year, I met many exciting characters. I didn't have to make them up, I just used the impression I'd got. All types! Many proved so attractive they've become lifelong friends. 





What do you find the most difficult in finishing a story and approximately how long does it take for you to write a story?

Never difficult! Every tale ended on a plotted scheme. On my first book, an American reviewer wrote, "And Oh that ending! It hit me right in the gut!" Endings were planned before the story started. How long? Anything from a month to a year, for mostly I have at least two books on the go at the same time.


 
Has your writing affected you in any way and what would you recommend to someone wanting to start writing fiction?

It made my life exciting. And starting? Everybody in the world has had an experience to stick in your mind. Plot a book-length story around it. Use characters that have stuck in your memory. You don't have to wait until you retire...surely you have seen a movie that's reminded you of something in your peronal history. Build your own exciting tale around that! And use people you have met as character types...next door neighbours and your every aunt and uncle. 



Kev Richardson on Amazon


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello comfortable web site!! Individual .. Fantastic .. Amazing ..
I'm able to bookmark your items your web site and have some feeds additionally¡KI are
pleased to have a number of effective tips within any post,
our society cultivate supplementary practices in this particular view, thanks for showing.
. . . . .

wmrusseth said...

27 books is a wonderful legacy. Bravo.

Historical Writer/Editor said...

I love your advice for writing fiction. Thank you! You sound like you had interesting experiences.

Historical Writer/Editor said...

Your list of books and background is impressive. Thanks for putting out such interesting work.

Anonymous said...

What's up friends, how is everything, and what you wish for to say on the topic
of this post, in my view its actually amazing
in support of me.

Anonymous said...

I have read several good stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting.
I wonder how so much effort you put to make such a great informative web site.

Anonymous said...

My partner and i resolved to go during this blog and there is a substantial amount of great data, preserved to help you favs (:.