Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Self-Confidence, Priorities, Motivation

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live."
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

I guess there is much to be said for this because if you trust yourself to be true to you and not do anything to jeapordize your opinion of how you perceive yourself ...you can't go wrong. You will be able to do whatever it is you have set your sites on because you know, deep down, you have what it takes.

"Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials." Lin Yutang

True, there are just some things that you need to let go. Some tasks, or goals, or ideas that are just not worth pursuing. They may have been important at one time, they may have lost their luster as other things pushed in over top of them. Let them go and get on with the things you do want to accomplish. The new goals you set for yourself, short term (daily or weekly) medium term (monthly, yearly) long term (where you want to be 5 years from now)

Focus on the long term but plan the short term, each as you would if you were a character in a novel - with a small goal for the scene, the day, the week that leads you in baby steps toward the big story (your life) goal. That goal can change and probably will as you grow, but without focus you will float on a listless wind of other people's wants, needs and plans for you.

Motivation: Go to care2( www.care2.com ) and send yourself a [fr**]predated congratulations card for completing your short term goal or any goal you have set for yourself. When you have something to shoot for, you continually focus on the target -- it gets done. The nice little surprise of the card reminds you to celebrate your accomplishments. Each and everyone of them.

I find that if I write it down, I make it happen. It works! Trust me on this. Another way to make your goals a reality is make a collage of what you want - having done this I know how powerful it is. When I found my latest collage buried in some papers in my desk I pondered over it -- every single thing represented in that collage of my goals had been realized. Amazing what the universe will do with the power of intention. Go for it! What have you got to lose?
Keep on keeping on.
www.billiewilliams.com
Visit my website to see some of my goals that came to life.

No comments: