Pages

Friday, October 12, 2007

Angela's Heroes.
I've thought about this topic for a couple days and decided I've liked alpha heroes and beta heroes and heroes who landed everywhere in between. Usually I'm drawn to smart men, although I seem to remember enjoying stories where the hero hasn't been as smart as the heroine, either because of injury or lack of opportunity for him to receive an education, or because his strength just wasn't brainpower. But they always had common sense, kindness and an inner strength to carry them through their travails. I've liked heroes who initially didn't start out as very impressive specimens for their gender for one reason or another, but grew into their role. So perhaps it all depends on the story, how he interacts with the heroine and how they develop as a couple.



No comments: