Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Heavenly Gift by Kay Maradeyo

Inspirational Romance, 220 pages, ebook
Cover art by Trisha FitzGerald
Purchase link for Heavenly Gift

Prudence is the 30-year old dowdy owner of a successful gift shop. She has given up hope of ever finding true love and has resigned herself to life as a spinster. Then she meets a compelling stranger who shows surprising compassion. But just when she begins to dare to hope, he suddenly turns into a man she can neither understand nor befriend.

Excerpt:
"What do you want from me?" she asked in a hoarse whisper, partly thrilled because this wonderful, enigmatic man seemed to actually be attracted to her, and partly nervous because she wasn't entirely sure she could give him what he wanted.

He smiled gently. "I'm afraid if I told you, you'd run as fast as those pretty legs of yours would carry you."

Prudence looked down as though trying to see the legs in question. "You think my legs are pretty?"
He shook his head wryly. "Lady, you have no idea.

Crossing her arms lightly over her waist in a futile attempt to stop the quivering in her belly at his admission, she angled her head and gazed at him for a moment. "You still haven't told me what you want from me."

"You."

"Me?"

"You."

At her silence, he arched his brow challengingly. "Cat got your tongue?"

"I don't know what to say."

He shrugged, but said nothing, though he watched her intently.

"I'm not sure I understand what you really want from me."

No comments: